What do you do Jenny?
Updated: Apr 4, 2022
I’ve had people tell me that they don’t know what I do. To help you understand what I do for my clients, I want to share what I did recently for a client that traveled cross country on a National Park tour. It’s not just booking hotels and a car. And all the decisions about her trip were made in conjunction with the client. I always remember it’s my client’s trip, not mine.
• We worked together to make a list of the sites she wanted to see. I then mapped out her route, based on sites she wanted to see, and added information about side trips she could make to other sites that might interest for her. I paid attention to making sure she had as little backtracking as possible and had time left in her day for those moments when you just want to sit and soak up the view.
• I made a list of 11 hotels/motels/resorts for her 14 nights of lodging. I worked with her if she stayed with relatives or used points for some of her hotels. I then called each hotel/motel/resort to see what their protocols were for dealing with covid, including breakfast procedures. I replaced a few of the motels based on the feed back I got from management. All hotels should have procedures and if they can’t cite them, then I won’t book them for my clients.
• I created a custom tour book for her itinerary with information about the history and culture of the area and places of interest. She loves this tour book and has had one for all of her travels she booked with me.
• I made sure I was available to help her if anything came up. I even grabbed her file when I was evacuated because of the Oak Fire! As I say, I am with you from start to finish!
• And the finish is a post-trip meeting to go over what worked and what didn’t. This helps me for future clients.